Followers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


WEll, as I sit and write, one of my blessings is being stubborn, which I kinda thought this would happen. Mr Matthew won't go to sleep, I let him nap from 4-5 thinking his cold would need him to nap anyway, now at 9:30 I am regretting that. Todd is away these few days so it would be nice if all three were sleeping to get some things done, time to unwind and time to regroup, on Mother's Day.
Mother's day has been a day that I have often felt sad that I never had a mother daughter relationship with my mother, or sadder was that she never pursued one with me. But now I have so many reasons to be happy on these days, or rather be grateful. This year is my first with Benjamin to add to my blessings. How grateful I am for my healthy babies. Maria was real sweet with a card from school she made me. All the things she said she liked about me seemed genuine and all things I'd want to be remembered for. Matthew doesn't know the holiday yet, obviously :) We celebrated yesterday, the five of us. of course the day was filled with things like taking maria to a birthday party, driving Todd's car tot he airport for his trip and ordering out for grinders instead of going out so that Todd's Dad could meet Benjamin for the first time. But I did get some sweet gifts and my much anticipated card from Todd. His cards always make me feel good :) I have a small collection now that I read when I miss him, like now. Even though we celebrated yesterday I do miss him here today.

Happy Mother's Day for all the moms who lost many nights of sleep rocking babies to bed, or the moms who gave up for them to have. I also send my prayers out to the moms who don't have their sweet ones any longer here on earth, like Becky, Ethan's mom http://www.ethanpowell.com, little Ethan passed on April 5th.And so many more, too many. thank You God for making me a mommy :)

1 comment:

Amy Marie said...

Big Hugs Laurie.. I'm so sorry they viewed it that way... but I am glad that you have the kids and Todd with you!