Followers

Friday, September 7, 2007

Orientation and First Day!





Orientation went great, Matthew's teachers are super nice and she kept reassuring me that he was in good hands, I must have looked nervous :) He gave me alittle grief at home about not wanting to go but once we got there he was fine. I think there's one more autistic kid in the class, from what I can tell, time will tell. I am so shy but if I wasn't I would have asked them if their child was. Maria went with Todd and had a good time meeting her teacher. The teacher was reading about raccoons and Maria told her that she knew about raccoons and that were nocturnal! The class made a reaction to the word nocturnal and Maria took it as they laughed at her, poor thing is so sensitive. I tried to tell her that they weren't laughing at HER, not sure if I was successful. The first day went without a hitch. They both looked cute in their first day clothes. Maria's bus comes at about 7:50 and Matthew's at 8. I have to keep Matthew inside or else he has a fit that he missed his bus, meaning Maria's but he doesn't get that :( Matthew rides a van, the same driver these two days so that's a plus :) He wasn't sure about the seat since it was different, but no tears about it. Matthew came home first since his day is shorter by 20 minutes. He was happy to see me of course :) Maria's bus didn't come home until 12:40 but I imagine that's a beginning of school thing. She said she had fun but she was worried that Mrs Tanner has lots of rules. And she also said she has a boyfriend and a best friend already! Of course I aksed her for names and she said they never told her. I started asking her questions to see if I could ring a bell in the name (I remember some from the open house) Come to find out they are kids on the bus not her class, but she was all bothered by my questions and she says, you never listen to me do you, I told you, they never told me their names! Funny girl!! Here's there pics! Success all around. The year is going to be great, aside from some pushes of the limit from Maria :)

3 comments:

Dante's Mama said...

Laurie,
He's has gotten soooo big! Uh that smile...I miss him so much :) Gives him big kisses and hugs for me.

Luv,
Brooke

Andie said...

Laurie, I had no idea you are pregnant...congratulations!!! It seems as if you have a lot going on, but I know you are one tough momma and you will get through the tough days just like you have in the past. Your kids are getting so big,I miss seeing their pics on the boards. Don't be a stranger, check in when you get a chance
:-) *hugs sent your way*!

AndieVetTech from 2004 Mommies

Treighsie said...

They look adorable! I'm glad to hear the first day went well for them.