Followers

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Good Deed






So I get an IM from Todd in the afternoon, which I usually do :) And he says guess what? I can't think of what he is going to tell me. He says I was at WalMart to get your beef broth for you and I saw bikes out of the corner of my eye and decided to get Matthew his first two wheel bike :) See one of the reasons I love this man so much; always thinking of others :) I couldn't believe it, he bought a BIKE for Matthew?? He says of course if Matthew doesn't like it his son could use it :) Yes, now with another boy on the way, we have more uses for little boy things :) And he even bought the helmet to go with it! And then later in the week I was talking with Matthew's physical therapist at his PPT (which of course Daddy didn't attend or ask about) and she feels that strengthening his trunk will greatly improve many other troubles he has ie toe walking and balance. She said that a bike would be a great way to strengthen his body. Now of course Matthew, like many other LOW tone autistics, has "the fear of gravity" as she said. They feel very insecure with the poor balance and so they do things to feel more secure like W sitting, toe walking and just avoid activities that use balance. So Matthew saw the bike and was unsure. Then Todd whipped out the helmet with CARS on it! Well, he was just in love with the helmet and was pretty proud of himself when Todd asked for his elbow and he knew what it was :) He tried the bike like a good boy. He knew what to do. Now when it started moving he was alittle nervous, harder to balance. But we plan on trying just a little here and a little there. He's such a sweet boy, making such great strides, the milestones and language are such a sweeter feeling than ever before. This morning I woke him and laid next to him, I say good morning and he says nice to see you Mommy :) it did sound canned but it was also very heart felt :) My little guy is growing and he's going to be a great big brother :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Matthew is so lucky to have a "father figure" in his life like Todd!
What an amazing man you found, Laurie.

So happy for you :)
Love,
Dawn